Sleepout for the Homeless is a new overnight program for senior high youth that is just as it sounds: an event where we raise awareness of the plight of the homeless population in Western New York by spending the night out in a parking out and standing in solidarity with those without shelter.
- It’s an overnight event at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in downtown Buffalo from 7 pm Friday-8 am Saturday, September 23-34.
- Youth in grades 9-12 and adult leaders are welcome. The cost is $10 per person, with the entire cost going to support the Buffalo City Mission.
- We will sleep outside in the church parking lot in sleeping bags, so bring your overnight gear. You may also bring a tent or ground covering, but please don’t bring cardboard boxes. If the weather is too wet we will move indoors.
- A special guest from the Buffalo City Mission will join us to share their story of ministering alongside the homeless and share ways we can support their efforts.
- We’ll also have some fun with great games, food and devotions.
- Registration is how you sign up for a program beforehand.
- You can register yourself, your family, or even your whole youth group! We’ve got it all online to make it easy-peasy.
- Cost of the event is $10, with the entire cost going to the Buffalo City Mission.
To Register a single youth, family or youth group, head here to complete the process:
Registration ends on Wednesday, September 21.
Deadline extended to 12:01 am Friday, September 23!
Information and Release Forms
- By completing an Information and Release Form, you help us make Organic Youth programs as safe as possible.
- You complete a form with contact info, emergency contacts, health concerns, and a covenant and release to sign.
- Organic Youth keeps this form on file for the program year and uses it to make contact with people in case of an emergency, to contact you with other program opportunities, and to let both youth and parents know what our expectations are to have as safe and positive of a time as possible.
- Completing this form is a one-and-done process for the rest of the year! We keep Information and Release Forms on file and have them at all programs for you.
- NOTE: only current-year (2016-17) forms are valid. Older forms will not be accepted. Be sure to sign the bottom of the forms.
Download the form you need, make copies for others, fill them out and bring them with you to the next program or event!
1275×1650 px (for posting online)
2550×3300 px (for printing up to full letter-size paper)
Please contact us if you have any questions!