Senior high youth: this unique opportunity will take you to the streets of inner-city Buffalo, and give you a chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus feeding and caring for those in poverty.
The Organic Youth Buffalo Mission Trip takes place from 7 pm Friday through 7 pm Sunday, January 13-15. We’ll walk the streets, feed the homeless, work with programs making a difference in urban poverty, and reflect on how we are connected to urban poverty and ways we can begin to make a difference in our everyday lives.
Learn more about this trip right here…Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in downtown Buffalo. Our mission is to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a city of many needs. Sometimes that means working at shelters or food pantries, or even soup kitchens, or buying someone a cup of coffee. We’ll also have times for reflection and learning about our experiences and the issues of poverty, homelessness and social justice.
We will be living together in intentional community, and actively pitching in to help make our daily life as fulfilling as possible. Helping with meals, devotional and journaling time, rest and helping with chores will all be a part of it.
We really can’t describe exactly our experience, because with service activities you never know exactly what you are getting into until you get there…but more importantly, you never know where God will show up either!
To be a part of the Buffalo Mission Trip, you need to:
- Register online
- Complete an Information and Release Form
- Sign a covenant
- Registration is how you sign up and pay for an event beforehand.
- You can register yourself, your family, or even your whole youth group! We’ve got it all online to make it easy-peasy.
- Cost: $25 (youth, per person); $22 for second youth siblings (10% off); $19 for third and additional siblings (25% off). Adult leaders are free.
- We can take credit cards online (there is a small online payment processing fee) or you can mail in a check (checks made payable to Niagara Frontier Conference).
To Register, head here to complete the process:
Registrations need to be made no later than Tuesday, January 10.
Complete an Information and Release Form:
- ALL YOUTH AND ADULTS MUST HAVE A COMPLETED, CURRENT FORM ON FILE.
- By completing an Information and Release Form, you help us make Organic Youth programs as safe as possible.
- You complete a form with contact info, emergency contacts, health concerns, and a covenant and release to sign.
- Organic Youth uses it to make contact with people in case of an emergency, to contact you with other program opportunities, and to let you and your parents know what our expectations are of you to have as safe and positive of a time as possible.
- Completing this form is a one-and-done process for the rest of the year! We keep Information and Release Forms on file and have them at all programs for you. If you already completed this form at another 2016-17 Organic Youth program, then no need to complete another this time!
- NOTE: only current-year (2016-17) forms are valid. Older forms will not be accepted. Be sure to sign the bottom of the forms.
Download the form you need, make copies for others, fill them out and bring them with you to the next program or event!
Sign a Covenant:
- We want you to know what you are getting into. With multi-day trips and experiences, we will encounter people very different from us and be in places very unfamiliar at the same time. There are certain expectations we need to have beyond those on the information and release form to best serve where we will be. Likewise, we will be living together in community, and there are things we need to understand about that.
- A covenant is an agreement that we (you and us Mission Trip staff) will do our best to live out our calling to serve and live within the expectations we have for this trip.
Please download, print, read and sign this required covenant in order to be a part of this Mission Trip.
You can turn in your signed covenant at the beginning of the trip on January 15.
Organic Youth T-shirts:
Each mission trip participant will get a free Organic Youth t-shirt to wear during the Mission Trip and beyond! Indicate the size you need in your registration. Additional t-shirts are available for $10 each (adult sizes S-2XL).
1275×1650 px (for posting online)
2550×3300 px (for printing up to full letter-size paper) Please contact us if you have any questions!